Thursday, August 16

Day 29: Who is you hero?

My mom's dad was my hero growing up, he was the one that taught me to fish, came to eat lunch with me while I was in school still.  He came many of times on my birthday while I was in elementary school to eat with me and I loved him for it.

You know that question if you could have dinner with anyone dead/alive who would it be? My answer would be him.  I would have a meal with him, maybe out on the fishing boat that we always fished on growing up, and now that meal would included me being able to drink now legally since he had a thing of letting us drink his Jack/Coke without caring that we were under the age of 12.

Yeah, my grandfather was my hero, a man who raised a kid who was not his own (I found this out after he died my freshman year of High School).  He raised my Uncle who was not his just like he was his own. 

No comments: