Tuesday, August 28

Guns, Hunting and Dating...

So there is this really interesting radio segment on my favorite Morning Radio Station here in the Houston area called Second Date Update.  Well this morning a guy who is not used to not hearing back from or having his dates act the way his did called in wondering what he had done wrong. 

As he was describing the date, I heard nothing wrong.  Took her to a local steak house "Texas Roadhouse", had great conversation and then all of a sudden she got an emergency call and had to go to the hospital where she worked as a nurse.  Now I know that this is a high possibility that she had to go to work at a hospital, don't know how possible with a nurse but it is a possibility.  Now here is where things get really fishy, she did not get him to drive her when she had ridden with him to the restaurant.  So yeah, he did something wrong that he was not telling us, so lets here the lady's side of the story.

Well the date started OK is what she had to say, he picked her up though he had something "familiar" looking on his truck but was unable to pinpoint what it was.  It was later while talking about hobbies that she realized what he had on his truck.  Now before we go any further in the explanation of this date lets remember this is TEXAS and and COUNTRY radio station.  The man was an avid hunter, now this is something I expect from someone who takes a girl out for steak on a first date in our area, and he was talking about some of his recent kills hunting one was a deer.  He did lightly mention dressing a deer, if you do not know what this means look it up, now this may be one of the things that would turn me off of the date but he did not go all gory with the details.  So the guy was an avid hunter, no big deal to me, my family is big on the hunting scene.

Now this was a turn off for the girl, but what she did not know which she found out on the show was:
1.  He is a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) holder
2.  He was carrying a Concealed Handgun during the date

These two facts brought up the whole debate how do you feel about bringing a Concealed Handgun on a date and would you tell your date?  Personally I do not care, I know if I had my CHL I would bring a handgun with me and I would probably feel safer if the guy did have one but I do not need to know if he is carrying the gun with him.  That is his bussiness, if he wants to tell me he can and I have no problem with it.

So who do you feel?  Would you date someone who hunted a lot and talked about it?  Would you date someone who had a CHL and carried?  Would you wan to know before the date about the handgun?


No comments: